Thursday, June 9, 2011

Safety Post: Always Read the Warning Label

Time = Money                                            
With the new "Dragons Hoard" pack out, I would like to remind you of something. Everything in life is a gamble. I've heard people asking, or saying, if this new pack is gambling and the answer is yes, but that's not it. Going into a dungeon or fighting a goon is worth enough to be called gambling, especially when it comes to looking for an item to craft, but you might argue because it is free it isn't gambling, but is that truly free? Being that you may have put well over $100 into this game already it isn't. Not anymore. But saying that playing this game is a gamble is true, you may or may not enjoy it, you may or may not find happiness in it. But If you say that only games are a gamble your wrong at that too. Everything in life requires gambling, from the moment that you are born there is gambling. Weather you pick up a controller or a football is gambling. Driving is gambling your life, as is much in life. But when worrying about gambling money for a game, you might as well go out for a drive. 


I feel as if I have strayed from my point. There's a line between Life and Games, but when they become intertwined do things become truly confusing, what to do, and what not to do. 


Gambling is important, yes, and there is no way to know when it's good or bad, so always think to ones self "Is this really what I want to do?" or "Can I do this?" or even sometimes you can't say  "No I can't do this" just because it's new, you always have to try something.


There is Good Gambling, Bad Gambling, Choice Gambling, Money, Time, Life Gambling, and many other types of gambling. 






I feel as I may have "missed the mark" with this post but I also feel as if I have carried my thought through okay. leave your comment in response below.


____________________________________________________________________
Tenure for Dworgyn

1 comment:

  1. It's, on a larger scale, no different from dropping a quarter in a capsule machine. You *might* get the prize taped to the glass, but you're more likely to get a "filler" prize.

    It's not overly surprising that a game based around a random card draw would continue with the concept of "chance".

    ReplyDelete