Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A Grand Mistake Indeed


This is the first part of my story, tell me what you think of it.

A Grand Mistake Indeed

    It was a normal day at Ravenwood school for wizards. The grands were relaxing, the new wizards were finding there way around. The arena masters were being “them”. I even being a fire wizard was nice, not to be stereotypical or anything, was helping my friends Wizard City, Krokotopia, ect. It was normal until time stopped. Kids stopped jumping in mid air, leaves stopped falling. I stopped breathing. I knew something was upset in the Spiral.

* * * * * * * * * * *

    I woke up, thinking it must have been a bad dream. I teleported to the Commons from my house not seeing Penny or Zeke anywhere. Penny was probably in the haunted cave ... again, and Zeke was probably having a day off. I wondered what was in the Spell Post Paper, I wanted to see friendlies column.
    "Hey" I said to a random passer by "Do yo have the SPP?"
    "What's that?" he responded.
    "You know the only newspaper in the City."
    "Don't know bout' it."
     I stood there not knowing how he couldn't read it. Everybody read it. Everybody. It sold out at the library in ten minutes. Heckhound, I have a column, I wrote everyday at noon.
    I decided to get some inspiration in Mooshu. As I went into Bartleby I sensed something different, I assumed it was nothing.
    As I normally end up guessing, I was dead wrong.
* * * * * * * * * * *

    When I got to Mooshu I took a deep breath. Mooshu always relaxed me. It's always green here, such diversity, such poise, grace, elegance. It's where I can relax.
    As I was walking out of the spiral chamber I noticed something peculiar. A new shop. As a reporter I went to investigate.
    I went in expecting to see, I don't know, a necklace shop, they did need one.
I rung the clerk bell and the clerk came in wearing a shroud.
    "Hello, what do you sell here?" I said
    "Fine linens" she said. Her voice was so familiar.
    "May I see one, please?"
    She turned and grabbed one and her shroud fell off. As soon as it did I gasped.
    It was Wu.

1 comment: